This is what happens at camp
Future Camp is a three-day (no overnight) intensive training experience for high school students, designed to activate your sense of purpose and agency in order to create positive change in your life and community.
Day 1: Discovering You
The first day of Future Camp is focused on building community by working in small “Home Base” teams, and then going through a journey of self discovery.
Part One: Building Belonging
- Getting Started: Full group icebreakers and table-based games to bond with your Home Base teams.
- Getting Inspired:A gallery walk of inspiration to see “Future Projects” from around the world.
- Building Together:With your home base teams, build something magical to share with the world.
Part Two: Self Discovery
- Exploring Values, Power and Purpose: Explore the values, powers and purpose statements of heros in our world today and then explore your own.
- Imagining a Better Future: Imagine how the world could look in the future with young people committed to making it better.
- Creating a Personal Manifesto: With a set of clearly defined values, powers and a new sense of purpose, write a personal manifesto and share it.
Day 2: Getting Into Action
On the second day of Future Camp, you will reflect on different areas of your life and imagine a new future for yourself. You will learn and practice a process for making value-based decisions in small and big areas of your life.
Part One: Building Belief
- Reflecting on Self Discovery: Reflect on the manifesto you created yesterday and imagine how your new identity and intentions can guide your actions.
- Learning the Process:Learn and practice a process that allows you to take any challenge you are facing and determine the right next step.
Part Two: Practicing the Process
- Applying the process to the following areas of your life and take five bold actions towards a better future:
- Your Passion
- Your Future Career
- Your Community
- Your Relationships
- Your Well-being
Day 3: Building a Better Future
The third day of Future Camp is all about applying purpose and agency to community issues. In Home Base teams, you will collectively imagine the world you want to take action towards creating and then spend the day building and launching a project to make it real.
Part One: Project Building:
With your Home Base teams, choose and design a project that will benefit your community - and the build it!
- Group Project Selection: Use the process you practiced the day before to choose an issue to take on and how you want to start taking action.
- Master Planning Classes: Learn how to take ideas and turn them into actions so that you can set and achieve your goals in pursuit of a bigger vision.
- Build Time: Take your plan and put it into action! Use the resources and materials we provide to build out your project with your team.
Part Two: Launch:
After a day full of project-building, share your work with the world and announce your identity as a change maker.
- Groups Share: Each group will have an opportunity to present what they have built to the world in a public ceremony.
- Welcome to TFP: After you have launched your projects, you will be celebrated and welcomed into the Future Project community.